Cerapure-AC is a revolutionary patented blend of metal alloy and carbon coated onto a granular ceramic filter media. The permanent coating is applied to an indestructible ceramic granule and the copper / zinc alloy & carbon blend provides a strong and highly reactive surface.
- Effective size ranges from 0.2 – 0.25 mm
- Uniformity Coefficient < 1.4 (typical < 1.3)
- This reactive media will reduce all oxidizers (chlorine, chloramines, ozone, peroxide, chlorine dioxide) effectively and in low empty bed contact times.
- The media is bacteriostatic so it does not grow or aid in growth of microbiology and will not fouls when sitting static or off-line
- Low effective size and surface roughness provides > 99% removal of 10-micron particles with filtration rates up to 10 gpm/ft2.
- The low density of the ceramic ensures a low backwash rate at 12 gpm/ft2. Less backwash volume required (reduced waste) and faster overall cleanup time with less energy consumption.
- Any filter designed to meet NSF/ANSI-42 performance criteria
- RO/NF prefiltration requiring SDI reduction
- Any filter where off-line biological overgrowth of traditional carbon is a concern.
- Dechlorination filters that have intermittent use
- Filters that require both dechlorination and effective particulate removal
- Packaged in 0.5 ft3 plastic lined paper bags and 20 ft3 bulk bags.
- Other packaging sizes available on request.